Monday, October 7, 2013

Building my monster

After settling on a new direction for form, I wanted to research the materials I could potentially use. A trip to Home Depot showed me that I could go in multiple directions.

I looked at several types of plywood/boards for the four structural sides. The inner curve needs to be a material that can be easily manipulated. I found some interesting materials that would be affordable and usable.






After speaking to Glenn about my findings, I quickly realized that this thing could easily become very contrived. There was a simplicity in the chip board model that would be lost if I started using completely differing materials. My next stop is to research large scale chipboard and see where I might get my hands on some.

No comments:

Post a Comment